How to Use Pricing Screen Costing Codes
Costing codes are used to calculate rule-of-thumb quantities on the recap screen like the total SQ of roof area or total lineal feet of framing.
Viewing Costing Codes:
Once a costing code is set in a condition, any time the assigned CQty is used in a job with that condition, the quantity will be added to the Costing item quantity. This will then be accessible at your Job Recap screen for applying unit costs to the miscellaneous and similar entries. To see what costing codes and quantities are used in your job, click Properties | Costing Tab from the Condition Properties screen. To use the costing code to add a miscellaneous line, move to that line and click Edit | Properties. The miscellaneous items are now listed.
Assigning Costing Codes to Conditions:
To use a Costing Code, it must be assigned to one or more conditions in a job. Although they can be assigned from the job itself, this is usually something that you can set up one time and leave alone, so we will discuss it from the Group Database point of view
- Go to the Group Database, highlight the group you want to set costing items for.
- Click the Group Conditions tab near the top of the screen. The screen changes to this view and all the conditions are listed that are used in this group.
- Click Edit | Properties to open the properties dialog box.
- From the properties dialog, click the Costing tab. Any costing items currently being used in this condition are listed.
- To assign a costing item to this condition.
a)Click the Add button
b)Select the costing code desired by clicking on the down button
c)Then move to the CQty line and click lightbulb icon
d)Select the CQty and click Insert
e)Click OK again to accept.
f)To accept all changes, click OK again.
Once a costing item is set in a condition, any time the assigned CQty is used in a job with that condition, the quantity will be added to the Costing Item quantity. This will then be accessible at your job recap screen for applying unit costs to miscellaneous and similar entries.